Friday, February 20, 2009
Handmade with love
I am very happy that the sterling silver wire made up a fantastic result. After twisted, folded and lots of hammer work, it gives the creation slightly handmade roughness but extra shine ( the is the magic of handmade) !
The hoops are made with sterling silver wire and dangle with selection of pink, grey, and crystal clear bicones and rounds from Swarovski.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Precious metal wire
I finally utilized the gift voucher from the bead jewelry competition I won. I have purchased myself the very first rolls of precious metal wire for more delicate creations. You may aware that there are limited stocks of sterling silver / 14K gold wire and other supplies in Shamshuipo gemstone market. And it is important to buy from a trust worthy supplier.
Recently, the precious metal prices drop hence I think it is a good moment for crafters to refill stocks. :)
Some interesting links for jewelry-making lovers.
With love. Jujube
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Happy Wedding at Happy Valley III
My decor - Monarch
I am happy with the decoration done by Monarch. Everything is done exceeded my expectation. The yellow and cream decoration did a "wow" together with Jockey Club's cooperation. I think this is the best we can do within a reasonable budget.
1. The balcony where over viewing the lovely green land. 2. Marquee built up by Monarch
3. Silk flower decorations at the pew
4. Backdrop - my most worried item at the wedding which turned out great. I did have some hesitation / mad at Monarch that they do not have yellowish fabric choices. However I came out with the idea of arranging champagne chiffon over the white satin. Btw, Jockey Club was very kind to offer me grey stage rather than red. Which save money to have carpet from Monarch!
Some little tips:
- To coordinate the venue with your decorations. For example, the venue of my wedding is in oak, camel and light wooden floor. Yellow and cream made the room warm and matched the outdoor green.
- Try not to challenge your decor with unusual color / floral decoration in order to avoid "surprise". There were some upset moments during the preparation stage as I could not have my fuchsia wedding due to budgeting. (There is no fuchsia silk flowers!)
- Stay calm... at your best! Hahahah
Friday, February 6, 2009
I am supposed to stock up creations for the coming craft show (more about it later)... however, I am too intoFlickr or Etsy, or to read the handmade life articles, news, chat rooms etc. Suddenly, I found out I have not been working but viewing others' lovely creations. Hhaha - there are so many things can distract me!
Stress is mounting sometimes, I know I have to create more. But, I am an artisit (wahahakkakaka... really?) I just want to have perfect creations every time.
Top: Caribbean blue opal bracelet (featured with the named opal roundelles from Swarovski together with turquosie and silver seed beads)
Middle: Crystal Roundelles Earrings
Bottom: Emerald Earrings
To see more Jujube's creations, please visit my online shopt at www.lovejujube.etsy.com
Hong Kong shoppers enjoy free shipping :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Hope earrings is a pair of hand hammered hoops wrapped with artistic wire then ringed with pinkish white fresh water pearl. I am happy with the result as they are very cute and chic which goes well with the spring outfit.
Take Hope Earrings home at www.lovejujube.etsy.com
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Happy Wedding at the Happy Valley
After 8-week of painful waiting, I finally received my wedding photos. It has been a long time... I did not forget to share my happy memory with you guys :)
My wedding ceremony was undertaken at the balcony under the warm sunshine and overveiwing the green of Happy Valley Racecourse. I was happy with the decoration done by Monarch! (more about their work later, stay toned!) They have built up a little arch for us to get marry and decorated with some yellowish flowers.
Left to Right: 1) Monogram handmade by me to lead the guests not to enter a wrong suite :-D. 2) The arch I mentioned. I did not want a marquee which would be too large to block out the nice view of the green grassland. 3) A lovely shot from our Photographer DM. 4) The FREE cake from Jockey Club in front of our backdrop.
Left: Our wedding certificate cover handmade by ME :)
Right: Our wedding ring stand with Tiffany ring box which is also handmade by me. I have ringed it with some yellow and white silk flowers with artistic wires and ribbons. Personally, I think it is a clever idea to save up for another centerpiece for the registry table... as we used that table for 15 minutes and it was removed.